Request a Consultation
Testing and Evaluation
- Psychological Testing
- Psychoeducational Testing
- Gifted and Talented Testing
- ADHD Testing
- IQ Testing
- Learning Disability Testing
- Child Therapy
- Adolescent Therapy
- Adult Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Foster Care/Adoption Therapy
- Divorce/Child Custody
- Grief and Trauma Therapy
- Parent-Child Therapy
- Couples/Marriage Counseling
- Group Therapy
Read My Blog
- Medication or Therapy for ADHD?
- Psychiatrists and Psychologists
- What is testing and what is it used for?
- Factors in Happiness
- Resources after the bombing in Boston
- Checking in on your New Years Resolutions
- Resources for Parents in the Aftermath of the Shooting
- Talking to your children about tragedy
- Learning about Anxiety
- Resources for Children after the Hurricane
I offer psychological testing for diagnostic clarification, treatment and psychoeducation recommendations, and school consultation. I provide comprehensive psychological evaluations to help with difficult differential diagnosis. Testing can help to best understand the presenting symptoms and behaviors, understand one’s personality and emotions, and understand one's strengths and coping style. These are important understandings in order to better tailor treatment to my client’s needs.
My evaluations use cognitive, academic, personality, social, emotional, and behavioral measures as needed to best understand and serve you.
Cognitive tests are used to measure one's thinking style and cognitive strengths as well as any difficulties. These tests are often referred to as intellectual or IQ tests.
Some common cognitive tests that I use include:
- Wechsler Preschool and Primary School Intelligence-Fourth Edition (WPPSI-IV)
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children-Fourth Edition (WISC-IV)
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Fourth Edition (WAIS-IV)
- Stanford Binet Intelligence Scales 5th Edition (SB5)
Academic tests are used to assess information commonly learned in school including reading, writing, and mathematic skills. Academic tests, together with cognitive tests, are important for assessing the presence of any learning disorders. Academic tests are also often used in school placement.
Some common academic tests that I use include:
- Woodcock Johnson III Tests of Achievement (WJ-III)
Personality or social, emotional, and behavioral tests are used to assist in diagnosis and developing a treatment plan for symptoms one may be experiencing.
Some common diagnostic tests that I use include:
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI-2-RF, MMPI-A)
- Behavior Assessement Rating of Children-Second Edition (BASC-2)
- Connors’ 3rd Edition (Connors’ 3)
- Story telling projective tests
This is only a sampling of the tests that I have available. If you have any questions about testing or tests that you may be looking for, please feel free to contact me.